I was always a huge fan of summer until I moved here where it’s too humid to enjoy anything. Now I’m a fan of fall. To celebrate the arrival of my new season of choice, I thought I would share a few of my favourite things.
– the return of the pumpkin spice latte to Starbucks (although it’s been a decaf, soy, no whip latte this year – the baby is sensitive to caffeine and cow’s milk and I’d like to dream that no whip cream will help me lose this weight quicker)
– going to bed with the windows open
– outdoor exercise with exertion sweat rather than humidity sauna sweat
– changing colours on the trees
– the smell of crisp air in the morning
– the return of my favourite television shows (Parenthood and Grey’s Anatomy)
– Halloween! Raiding Whirlwind’s candy loot and parties with friends
– wearing that outfit I bought last spring and was only able to wear a few times before spring decided to stay for three days and it became blistering hot
– being able to visit our favourite public places (museums, the zoo, the malls) during the week and it’s quiet because school’s back in session
– the return of hoodies
– gaining an extra hour of sleep when the clocks fall back
– apple picking and apple cider
– Thanksgiving meals: turkey, stuffing, gravy, pumpkin and pecan pies
What would make your list?